I had originally intended to make this honey mustard chicken recipe on foodie crush.
The photos make this dish look delicious, as well as making me realize I need to get more light into my photos. However, when I was planning my meals for the week, I hadn’t taken into account the forecast for how hot it was going to be today. Normally weather isn’t a factor but today the temperature reached 38 degrees celsius. There was no way I was turning the oven on. But I had chicken defrosted and tarragon looking like it was thinking of wilting.
I liked the flavour combinations that were suggested in the foodie crush recipe, so I gave sauteing them a whirl. And it was a pretty good whirl. The flavours are good together. It is a fairly sweet dish and next time I might add a bit more soy sauce to counter the sweetness. I served it with a jacket potato done in the microwave to minimize temperatures in the kitchen and some cherry tomatoes. Very simple side dishes but the potato in particular added a good counterpoint to the sweetness in the chicken dish. To get the amount of sauce in my photo, you need to use a small fry pan or the sauce is too thin and evaporates.
I hope you enjoy this twist on the recipe. I still plan to try the original recipe when the temperatures go down. It does look delicious.
A quick and easy chicken saute recipe that adds a touch of sweetness to your day.
- 1 chicken breast of about 150g cut in to thin slices
- 1 tbs grainy mustard
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tbs of tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger, finely chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Put the chicken and all the other ingredients in a bowl, cover and put in the fridge to marinate for half an hour. This step could probably be skipped to save on cooking time.
- Lightly spray a wok or heavy based fry pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Heat the wok to medium-high heat.
- Once the wok has heated add the chicken and the sauce it is marinating in.
- Cook the chicken on medium-high for about 6 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and lightly browned. Try not to over cook the chicken as it will get dry but you need to make sure the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve.